Use of your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To improve our services including to better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better suit your desires.
- To send you emails, newsletters, promotions and marketing material about offers at our partner organisations or to contact you by telephone.
- To secure and improve your use of our services.
- To comply with any obligations imposed on us by law.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect information from you which is:
- General information: this is information which is anonymous data that we use to analyse trends for general use and to help us understand the needs of our customers so that we can improve the quality of your stay with us. General information includes the number of room nights booked and used, where guests are from, room rates, age, gender, purpose of travel and whether the booking is made by telephone, through a booking agency or through our website and services used by guests.
- Personal information: Personal Information is any information that personally identifies you such as your name, age and date of birth, home address, contact telephone numbers and email address, your driver’s licence and passport, your credit card details, your company name if the travel is for business purposes, your car registration number and how the account will be settled. We may obtain from you whether you have any dietary requirements, room preferences, disabilities or other lifestyle information. While staying with us, we may record the number of times you have stayed, telephone numbers dialled, movies watched, room service ordered, third party bookings which we arrange at your request such as tours and other information you supply to us. Personal information may be collected from you if you make an enquiry by telephone, email, via our websites, when you make a reservation or at the time of check in or check out or as a result of your dealings with us. Personal information may be collected from a partner organisation, booking agency, a tour operator or an internet reservation system to whom you have provided your Personal Information to make a booking. Personal information may also be collected from you if you enter a competition run by us, if you reply to a survey conducted by us, in communications with us or our staff, before, during or after your stay or if you attend an event, function or conference. Swix Ski Classics uses social media to communicate with guests and the public at large. Any information which you disclose to Swix Ski Classics through social media may be collected by Swix Ski Classics.
In order to provide you with our services, we keep track of how you interact with links. This includes links in emails we send you and links that appear on our website. The following information is logged for statistical purposes when you look at our website;
- server address / IP address
- the date and time of your visit to our site
- the pages you accessed
- your top-level domain name
- the documents you downloaded
- the previous website you have visited
- the type of browser you are using to access our website
- if you have visited our website before
- the type of device you are using
- location data
Links to other websites
Sensitive information is information about your origin, beliefs, membership, sexual preferences or health. In ordinary circumstances, Swix Ski Classics does not collect sensitive information other than information that identifies any memberships that you have.
Swix Ski Classics will not collect sensitive information from you without your consent. If we collect sensitive information from you, we will disclose to you the reason for seeking it.
Sharing and Dealing with your Personal Information
If you provide Personal Information to us we will only use or disclose that information for the purposes of our business unless:
- You consent to the use or disclosure of your Personal Information; or
- You would reasonably expect that we will use or disclose your Personal Information for that purpose as, for example, making a booking on your behalf with an external service provider; or
- As otherwise required by law or permitted by the Privacy Principles.
You can object to us using your Personal Information as described in this Policy. However, if you do, Swix Ski Classics may not be able to provide you with the service requested or only on conditions such as, for example, requiring a cash deposit or bond if you do not wish to provide your credit card details.
You may request that you do not receive direct marketing communications from us. If you make a request, we will respond to that request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may request that your Personal Information is not provided to our partner organisations.
Protection of your Personal Information
We are committed to take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your Personal Information. This includes limiting access to our computer systems by use of passwords and other security devices and to prevent unauthorized access, modification, use or disclosure and backup systems to prevent accidental or malicious loss of data or information.
We will take such steps as are reasonable to destroy any Personal Information that we have about you if there is no longer any need for us to keep that information.
How you can access, correct or delete your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any information which we hold about you and use is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. Please keep in mind if you make a request to delete your Personal Information and that Personal Information is necessary for our services you wish to purchase, the request will be honoured unless it is a requirement for legitimate business purposes or legal and contractual record keeping purposes.
We will provide you with access to any Personal Information that we hold about you without charge.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
If you wish to stay on an anonymous basis, we may be able to accommodate your request but we cannot guarantee it. You will not be able to make a booking in advance.
At the time of check in, if you do not wish to provide credit card details, you must pay for the cost of your stay in full in advance and you will be required to pay in cash a bond on account of services or facilities that are provided to you. The cash bond will be refunded to you on your departure provided that your room is left in good order and you have paid for all services supplied and there are no other outstanding liabilities such as mini bar.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from or target individuals under the age of 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian and know of or have reason to believe your children under the age of 18 have provided us with personal information without your permission, please contact us.